Re: pg_receivexlog add synchronous mode

From: <furuyao(at)pm(dot)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <teranishih(at)nttdata(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: pg_receivexlog add synchronous mode
Date: 2014-07-04 10:45:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Thanks for reviewing the patch!
> >
> > I think that this refactoring patch is useful for improving source
> > code readability and making the future patches simpler, whether we
> > adopt your patch or not. So, barring any objections, I'm thinking to
> > commit this refactoring patch.
>
> Committed!
It is a patch that added the --fsync-interval option.
Interface of --fsync-interval option was referring to the "pg_recvlogical.c".

It is not judgement the flush on a per-message basis.
It is judgment at the time of receipt stop of the message.

If you specify a zero --fsync-interval make the flush at the same timing as the walreceiver .
If you do not specify --fsync-interval, you will flush only when switching as WAL files as in the past.

Furuya Osamu

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_receivexlog-add-fsync-interval-v1.patch application/octet-stream 22.2 KB