Re: Recovery to backup point

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Heikki Linnakangas" <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Recovery to backup point
Date: 2014-01-24 11:37:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Heiki-san,

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
> From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
>> After some refactoring and fixing bugs in the existing code, I came up
>> with the attached patch. I called the option simply "recovery_target",
>> with the only allowed value of "immediate". IOW, if you want to stop
>> recovery as early as possible, you add recovery_target='immediate' to
>> recovery.conf. Now that we have four different options to set the
>> recovery target with, I rearranged the docs slightly. How does this look
>> to you?
>
> I'm almost comfortable with your patch. There are two comments:
>
> C1. The following parts seem to be mistakenly taken from my patch. These
> are not necessary for your patch, aren't they?

I'm going to add the attached new revision of the patch soon, which is
almost based on yours. All what I modified is removal of parts I mentioned
above. I confirmed that the original problem could be solved. Thanks.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment Content-Type Size
recover_to_backup_v2.patch application/octet-stream 9.3 KB