Re: Postgres ReviewFest Patch: URI connection string support for libpq

From: Alex Shulgin <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Nick Roosevelt <nroose(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres ReviewFest Patch: URI connection string support for libpq
Date: 2012-01-19 18:18:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Nick Roosevelt <nroose(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

I am sorry, seems like my new MUA was misconfigured so the two previous
attempts to reply to -hackers@ failed. So here goes again.

> Just reviewed the patch for adding URI connection string support for
> libpg.

Thank you for taking your time on this.

> There seem to be many tabs in the patch. Perhaps the indentation is
> not correct.

I believe tabs for indentation is the project's standard.

> Also, the patch did not run correctly:
> patching file src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 282 with fuzz 1.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 300.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 583.
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 3742.
> Hunk #5 FAILED at 4132.
> Hunk #6 FAILED at 4279.
> Hunk #7 FAILED at 4455.
> 6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c.rej
> Seems like the file has changed since this patch was created. Please
> recreate the patch.

I've just tried to apply the original patch against a clean checkout of
master branch and it applies without a problem (no hunk failed, no
fuzziness.)

Could you please try again on a clean master branch?

Alex