Re: I: About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch

From: Leonardo Francalanci <m_lists(at)yahoo(dot)it>
To: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I: About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch
Date: 2010-07-21 14:15:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think writetup_rawheap() and readtup_rawheap() are a little complex,
> but should work as long as there are no padding between t_len and t_self
> in HeapTupleData struct.
>
> - It might be cleaner if you write the total item length
> and tuple data separately.
> - "(char *) tuple + sizeof(tuplen)" might be more robust
> than "&tuple->t_self".

- I used your functions
- changed the docs for CLUSTER (I don't know if they make sense/are enough)
- added a minor comment

2 questions:

1) about the "copy&paste from FormIndexDatum" comment: how can I improve it?
The idea is that we could have a faster call, but it would mean copying and
pasting a lot of code from FormIndexDatum.

2) what other areas can I comment more?

Attachment Content-Type Size
sorted_cluster-20100721.patch application/octet-stream 29.3 KB