Re: Patch: show xid and xmin in pg_stat_activity and pg_stat_replication

From: Christian Kruse <christian(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Patch: show xid and xmin in pg_stat_activity and pg_stat_replication
Date: 2014-02-12 13:00:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 February 2014 11:14:56 Andres Freund wrote:
> But they do take up shared memory without really needing to. I
> personally don't find that too bad, it's not much memory. If we want to
> avoid it we could have a LocalPgBackendStatus that includes the normal
> PgBackendStatus. Since pgstat_read_current_status() copies all the data
> locally, that'd be a sensible point to fill it. While that will cause a
> bit of churn, I'd guess we can use the infrastructure in the not too far
> away future for other parts.

That's a good idea. Attached you will find a patch implementing it
that way; is this how you pictured it?

Although I'm not sure if this shouldn't be done in two patches, one
for the changes needed for LocalPgBackendStatus and one for the
xid/xmin changes.

Best regards,

--
Christian Kruse http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

xid_and_xmin_in_pg_stat_activity_and_pg_stat_replication_v6.patch text/x-patch 24.8 KB