patch - per-tablespace random_page_cost/seq_page_cost

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: patch - per-tablespace random_page_cost/seq_page_cost
Date: 2009-11-14 19:28:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well, I was regretting missing the deadline for this CommitFest and
then realized today was only the 14th, so I finished this up while the
kids were napping.

I ended up not reusing the reloptions.c code. It looks like a lot of
extra complexity for no obvious benefit, considering that there is no
equivalent of AMs for tablespaces and therefore no need to support
AM-specific options. I did reuse the reloptions syntax, and I think
the internal representation could always be redone later, if we find
that there's a use case for something more complicated.

...Robert

Attachment Content-Type Size
spcoptions.patch text/x-diff 39.7 KB