Re: jsonb generator functions

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jsonb generator functions
Date: 2014-10-27 14:33:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/15/2014 03:54 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> I checked a code, and I have only two small objection - a name
>> "jsonb_object_two_arg" is not good - maybe "json_object_keys_values" ?
>
> It's consistent with the existing json_object_two_arg. In all cases I
> think I kept the names the same except for changing "json" to "jsonb".
> Note that these _two_arg functions are not visible at the SQL level -
> they are only visible in the C code.
>
> I'm happy to be guided by others in changing or keeping these names.
>

>> Next: there are no tests for to_jsonb function.
>>

> Oh, my bad. I'll add some.
>
> Thank for the review.

Here is a new patch that includes documentation and addresses all these
issues, except that I didn't change the name of jsonb_object_two_arg to
keep it consistent with the name of json_object_two_arg. I'm happy to
change both if people feel it matters.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
jsonbmissingfuncs5.patch text/x-diff 67.4 KB