Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
Date: 2014-09-14 14:58:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 9/1/14 7:51 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> The attached patch simply changes the context for local_... to
> PGC_USERSET and edits the doc.

I had this ready to commit, but then

Invent PGC_SU_BACKEND and mark log_connections/log_disconnections
that way.

was committed in the meantime.

Does this affect what we should do with this change?

I guess one thing to look into would be whether we could leave
local_preload_libraries as PGC_BACKEND and change
session_preload_libraries to PGC_SU_BACKEND, and then investigate
whether we could allow settings made with ALTER ROLE / SET to change
PGC_BACKEND settings.

In the meantime, I have committed documentation fixes for the back
branches 9.0 .. 9.3.