Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Amit Kapila" <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Date: 2014-01-23 21:19:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Amit Kapila" <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
> How about below message:
>
> event source "<event_source_name>" is already registered.

OK, I added several lines for this. Please check the attached patch.

> What I had in mind was to change it during initdb, we are already doing it
> for some other parameter (unix_socket_directories), please refer below
> code in initdb.c

Yes, It seems we can do this. However, could you forgive me for leaving
this untouched? I'm afraid postgresql.conf.sample's issue is causing
unnecessary war among people here. That doesn't affect the point of this
patch --- make pg_ctl use the event_source setting. Anyway, not all
parameters in postgresql.conf cannot be used just by uncommenting them.
That's another issue.

I'll update the CommitFest entry soon.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_ctl_eventsrc_v5.patch application/octet-stream 10.7 KB