proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.

From: Tomonari Katsumata <katsumata(dot)tomonari(at)po(dot)ntts(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Date: 2014-07-10 06:52:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Several couple weeks ago, I posted a mail to pgsql-doc.
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53992FF8.2060702@po.ntts.co.jp

In this thread, I concluded that it's better to
round up the value which is less than its unit.
Current behavior (rounding down) has undesirable setting risk,
because some GUCs have special meaning for 0.

And then I made a patch for this.
Please check the attached patch.

regards,
Tomonari Katsumata

Attachment Content-Type Size
time-unit-guc-round-up.patch text/x-diff 1.4 KB