Re: "RETURNING PRIMARY KEY" syntax extension

From: Ian Barwick <ian(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: "RETURNING PRIMARY KEY" syntax extension
Date: 2014-06-26 02:41:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 25/06/14 16:04, Ian Barwick wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 14/06/25 15:13, Rushabh Lathia wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I assigned my self as reviewer of the patch. I gone through the
>> mail chain discussion and in that question has been raised about
>> the feature and its implementation, so would like to know what is
>> the current status of this project/patch.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> I'll be submitting a revised version of this patch very shortly.

Revised version of the patch attached, which implements the expansion
of "primary key" in the rewrite phase per Tom Lane's suggestion upthread [*]

[*] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/28583.1402325169@sss.pgh.pa.us

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
Ian Barwick http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

returning_primary_key.cf2.patch text/x-patch 25.7 KB