Re: jsonb and nested hstore

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date: 2014-01-30 19:07:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/29/2014 04:56 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 01/29/2014 01:03 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>>> Here is an update of the jsonb part of this. Charges:
>>>
>>> * there is now documentation for jsonb
>>> * most uses of elog() in json_funcs.c are replaced by ereport().
>>> * indentation fixes and other tidying.
>>>
>>> No changes in functionality.
>>>

>> Further update of jsonb portion.
>>
>> Only change in functionality is the addition of casts between jsonb
>> and json.
>>
>> The other changes are the merge with the new json functions code, and
>> rearrangement of the docs changes to make them less ugly. Essentially
>> I moved the indexterm tags right out of the table as is done in some
>> other parts pf the docs. That makes the entry tags much clearer to read.
>>

> Updated to apply cleanly after recent commits.

Updated patches for both pieces. Included is some tidying done by
Teodor, and fixes for remaining whitespace issues. This now passes "git
diff --check master" cleanly for me.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
jsonb-9.patch.gz application/x-gzip 30.9 KB
nested-hstore-9.patch.gz application/x-gzip 66.0 KB