Re: Time-Delayed Standbys

From: KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Date: 2013-11-29 07:49:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Royes,

I'm sorry for my late review...

I feel potential of your patch in PG replication function, and it might be
something useful for all people. I check your patch and have some comment for
improvement. I haven't executed detail of unexpected sutuation yet. But I think
that under following problem2 is important functionality problem. So I ask you to
solve the problem in first.

* Regress test
No problem.

* Problem1
Your patch does not code recovery.conf.sample about recovery_time_delay.
Please add it.

* Problem2
When I set time-delayed standby and start standby server, I cannot access stanby
server by psql. It is because PG is in first starting recovery which cannot
access by psql. I think that time-delayed standby is only delayed recovery
position, it must not affect other functionality.

I didn't test recoevery in master server with recovery_time_delay. If you have
detail test result of these cases, please send me.

My first easy review of your patch is that all.

Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center