Re: Improvement of pg_stat_statement usage about buffer hit ratio

From: KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Haribabu kommi <haribabu(dot)kommi(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improvement of pg_stat_statement usage about buffer hit ratio
Date: 2013-11-18 11:36:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2013/11/18 20:16), Haribabu kommi wrote:
> On 18 October 2013 13:35 KONDO Mitsumasa wrote:
>> This patch conflicts pg_stat_statement_min_max_exectime patch which I
>> submitted, and pg_stat_statement_min_max_exectime patch also adds new
>> columns which are min_time and max_time. So I'd like to change it in
>> this opportunity.
>
> This patch adds another column "shared_blks_hit_percent" to pg_stat_statements view
> Which is very beneficial to the user to know how much percentage of blks are hit.
>
> All changes are fine and working as described. Marked as ready for committer.
Thank you for your reviewing!

However, I'd like to add average time in each statement, too. Attached patch is
my latest one. Adding shared_blks_hit_percent and ave_time. This is the adding
main code.
> + total_time / calls::float AS avg_time,

If this patch and min/max and stddev patch will be commited, we can see more
detail and simple information in pg_stat_statements, by light-weight coding.

Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_stat_statements-blkhit_v1.patch text/x-diff 12.5 KB