Improve setup for documentation building with FOP

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Improve setup for documentation building with FOP
Date: 2013-09-11 15:15:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In order to modernize our documentation tool chain, I have made a few
tweaks to allow using FOP to build the PDF documentation. I'd like to
get some testing on different operating systems and versions thereof in
order to learn whether this solution is robust and easily accessible by
users and developers, and also whether the resulting documents are
correct and free of major rendering problems. I'll add it to the
commitfest for that. Reviewers should ideally just have to install the
"fop" package that is hopefully supplied by their operating systems and
then run the make targets mentioned in the patch. I'm aware of a few
potential pitfalls, but I'd rather not mention them yet in order to get
unbiased reports.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-doc-Improve-setup-for-documentation-building-with-FO.patch text/x-diff 2.7 KB