Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request

From: Zoltán Böszörményi <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Hari Babu <haribabu(dot)kommi(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: 'Craig Ringer' <craig(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, 'Hans-Jürgen Schönig' <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, 'Ants Aasma' <ants(at)cybertec(dot)at>, 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, 'PostgreSQL Hackers' <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, 'Amit kapila' <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request
Date: 2013-01-30 14:29:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:23 AM Amit kapila wrote:
>> On Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:13 AM Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, I won't have time to do anything with my lock_timeout
> patch
>>> for about 3 weeks. Does anyone have a little spare time to test it on
> Windows?
>> I shall try to do it, probably next week.
>> Others are also welcome to test the patch.
> I have carried out some windows testing of the lock timeout patch.

Thanks very much. It means it didn't crash for you and
it waited the expected amount of time as well.

> The extra tests which are carried out on the patch are attached in the mail.

The patch itself contained regression tests to run by itself
and compete with statement_timeout as well, although
it waits only 2 seconds instead of 60 as in your test.

> Some observations on the patch:
>
> 1. Patch needs a rebase as it causing some rejections.

On a fresh GIT pull, it only caused a reject for the documentation
parts of the patch. No other rejects and no fuzz, only line shift
warnings were indicated by the patch. Anyway, a refreshed one
is attached.

> 2. regress check failed because the expected ".out" file is not updated
> properly.

Which regress check failed? The .out file was updated in the patch
for prepared_xacts.sql where the regression tests for lock_timeout
were added. Or do you mean the one for the sql file you sent?

Thanks,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Zoltán Böszörményi

Attachment Content-Type Size
2-lock_timeout-v28.patch.gz application/x-gzip 11.8 KB