Re: WIP: Collecting statistics on CSV file data

From: Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: Collecting statistics on CSV file data
Date: 2011-12-14 06:34:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2011/12/13 22:00), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Thank you for your effectiveness experiments and proposals for
> improvements. I updated the patch according to your proposals.
> Attached is the updated version of the patch.

I think this patch could be marked as "Ready for committer" with some
minor fixes. Please find attached a revised patch (v6.1).

Changes from Fujita-san's patch are:

* Fix a typo in src/backend/commands/analyze.c.
* Connect multi-lined message string literals, because PG code style
allows a line including message string literals to go past 80 columns.
* Fix ATPrepSetOptions so that it uses pg_strcasecmp instead of
pg_strncasecmp, becuase it's guaranteed that a) given strings are
null-terminated, and b) they have no trailing.

This feature would enhance cost estimation of foreign scans
substantially. Great!

Shigeru Hanada

* 不明 - 自動検出
* 英語
* 日本語

* 英語
* 日本語

<javascript:void(0);>

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-analyze-v6.1.patch text/plain 47.1 KB