Review comments for Patch: exclude-table-data option for pg_dump

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Review comments for Patch: exclude-table-data option for pg_dump
Date: 2011-11-03 23:16:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

Andrew produced a version for this patch which builds against 9.0. I've
tested that version on a production installation of PostgreSQL, including:

* dumping and reloading a production database with over 200 objects,
500GB of data and complex dependancies, 4 times so far
* excluding different sets of data
* getting table names wrong (didn't mean to test that, but I did)
* using the --help and man page

In all cases the new pg_dump --exclude-table-data option behaved as
expected, without errors, and consistent with other pg_dump options.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.