Re: WIP: Collecting statistics on CSV file data

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: Collecting statistics on CSV file data
Date: 2011-10-07 09:09:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hanada-san,

I'm very sorry for late reply.

(2011/09/20 18:49), Shigeru Hanada wrote:
> I took a look at the patch, and found that it couldn't be applied
> cleanly against HEAD. Please rebase your patch against current HEAD of
> master branch, rather than 9.1beta1.
>
> The wiki pages below would be helpful for you.
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Creating_Clean_Patches
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
>
> And it would be easy to use git to follow changes made by other
> developers in master branch.
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git

Thank you for the review and the helpful information.
I rebased. Please find attached a patch. I'll add the patch to the next CF.

Changes:

* cleanups and fixes
* addition of the following to ALTER FOREIGN TABLE
ALTER [COLUMN] column SET STATISTICS integer
ALTER [COLUMN] column SET ( n_distinct = val ) (n_distinct only)
ALTER [COLUMN] column RESET ( n_distinct )
* reflection of the force_not_null info in acquiring sample rows
* documentation

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-analyze-v2.patch text/plain 40.0 KB