Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost
Date: 2011-08-28 08:35:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Attached patch includes "math is hard" reworking, so it displays the
average write rate in the log output automatically:

LOG: automatic vacuum of table "pgbench.public.pgbench_accounts": index
scans: 1
pages: 0 removed, 163935 remain
tuples: 2000000 removed, 4625165 remain
buffer usage: 111901 hits, 123348 misses, 102351 dirtied, 23.365
MiB/s write rate
system usage: CPU 1.84s/4.22u sec elapsed 34.22 sec

All of the updates to the process title are gone, in favor of some
progress report mechanism TBD. The summary is much more important than
the progress tracking part as far as I'm concerned, I don't mind
splitting things apart to try and get this part in earlier.

vacuum_stats_v3.patch text/x-patch 7.4 KB