Re: pl/python custom exceptions for SPI

From: Jan Urbański <wulczer(at)wulczer(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Postgres - Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pl/python custom exceptions for SPI
Date: 2011-01-11 11:20:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/01/11 01:27, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>> On 10.1.2011 17:20, Jan Urbański wrote:
>>> I changed that patch to use Perl instead of sed to generate the
>>> exceptions, which should be a more portable.
>
>> Why not python ?
>
> Because we're not adding even more different tool requirements to the
> build process. Perl is what we've chosen to depend on, and there is no
> reason to use a different tool here.

Yep, exactly.

While looking at it again I fixed a problem with spiexceptions.h not
being distributed (and IIRC we don't require Perl for tarball builds)
and added generating it to the MSVC build system.

Updated patch attached.

Cheers,
Jan

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpython-custom-spi-exceptions.diff text/x-patch 19.6 KB