Re: wCTE behaviour

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(dot)tiikkaja(at)cs(dot)helsinki(dot)fi>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Hitoshi Harada <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: wCTE behaviour
Date: 2010-12-05 18:33:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
> This is almost exactly the patch from 2010-02 without
> CommandCounterIncrement()s. It's still a bit rough around the edges
> and needs some more comments, but I'm posting it here anyway.
>
> This patch passes all regression tests, but feel free to try to break
> it, there are probably ways to do that. This one also has the "always
> run DMLs to completion, and exactly once" behaviour.

So this patch was marked "Ready for Committer", but a) no committer has
picked it up yet and b) Marko has made changes here that nobody else has
tested out yet that I've seen on the last. Accordingly, that
classification may have been optimistic. It seems to me that another
testing run-through from someone like David might be appropriate to
build some confidence this latest patch should be a commit candidate.
If there is a committer intending to work on this as-is, they haven't
identified themselves.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us