Review of Synchronous Replication patches

From: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Review of Synchronous Replication patches
Date: 2010-07-24 06:56:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello list,

My apologies if this email arrives more than once, I've been
experiencing troubles posting to the -hackers list and am resending this
review as new thread instead of a reply to an existing thread of
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-07/msg01072.php which
also has relevant links to both patches and discussion.

Here follows a severly time-boxed review of both synchronous replication
patches. Expect this review to be incomplete, though I believe the
general remarks to be valid. Off the list I've received word from Zoltan
that work on a new patch is planned. It would be great if ideas from
both patches could be merged into one.

regards,
Yeb Havinga

Patch A: Zoltán Böszörményi