Quoting in recovery.conf

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Quoting in recovery.conf
Date: 2010-04-06 06:47:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

To follow up on the discussion here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2010-02/msg00039.php

It seems like a big oversight that there's no way to insert quotes in
strings in recovery.conf. In the long run, the parsing should be done
the same way as postgresql.conf, or the two files be merged altogether,
but right now I think we should just add support for escaping quotes. I
propose two quotes '' to mean a quote mark in the string, like in
strings in SQL queries.

--
Heikki Linnakangas