Re: Split-up ECPG patches

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, michael(at)fam-meskes(dot)de
Cc: hs(at)cybertec(dot)at
Subject: Re: Split-up ECPG patches
Date: 2009-08-03 16:12:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

new versions attached, updated to apply to the current CVS cleanly.

Changes:
- we fixed the case in the dynamic cursor support when
the cursor was declared in a way that the query contained
a WHERE clause, using host variables as parameters.
(leftover bug from our first, non-public, non-parser-only attempt)
- sqlda support:
- sqlda.c now indicates license
- #defines inside #if 0 ... #endif are now omitted from sqltypes.h
(both per comments from Jaime Casanova)
- describe support: there's no separate ECPGdescribe2() now
(as per comment from Michael Meskes, debatable)
- string support: I am doing much less now unconditionally,
most of the parser changes (e.g. introducing STRING_P)
were unnecessary to make it working.
- added to the list my second attempt at fixing struct variable
in INTO list in Informix-mode. This fix (or the real one if
this is not the right approach) should be backpatched,
because the bug is real.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

Böszörményi Zoltán írta:
> Hi,
>
> as asked by Michael Meskes, I have split up our ECPG patchset:
> 1. dynamic cursorname (DECLARE :cursorname ..., etc)
> 2. SQLDA support in Informix compat mode (C structure used for
> descriptor and data query)
> 3. DESCRIBE OUTPUT support for named and sqlda descriptors
> 4. "string" pseudo-type in Informix compat mode
>
> Best regards,
> Zoltán Böszörményi

Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more
than these cometh of evil." (Matthew 5:37) - basics of digital technology.
"May your kingdom come" - superficial description of plate tectonics

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg85-1-dyncursor-3.patch text/x-patch 19.0 KB
pg85-2-sqlda-3.patch text/x-patch 30.4 KB
pg85-3-describe-3.patch text/x-patch 11.7 KB
pg85-4-string-3.patch text/x-patch 18.7 KB
pg85-5-struct-2.patch text/x-patch 1.1 KB