Re: Modifying TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD and TOAST_TUPLE_TARGET?

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Greg Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Shadar" <shauldar(at)gmail(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Modifying TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD and TOAST_TUPLE_TARGET?
Date: 2009-06-15 17:02:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:

> Proposed patch attached.

That first version was of the "minimally invasive" variety, to stress
how little I was changing and minimize the chance that I would make
some dumb error; however, it involved copy/paste of a few lines which
were already in a source file twice. Attached is what I hope is a
functionally identical patch, with minor refactoring. I think it
results in more readable code.

-Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
toast-main-out-of-line-reluctantly-2.diff application/octet-stream 4.8 KB