Documentation Update: WAL & Checkpoints

From: Michael Renner <michael(dot)renner(at)amd(dot)co(dot)at>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Documentation Update: WAL & Checkpoints
Date: 2009-03-21 18:32:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

this is a small update to the first paragraph of the WAL configuration
chapter, going into more detail WRT redo vs. checkpoint records, since
the underlying behavior is currently only deducible from the source. I'm
not perfectly sure if I got everything right, so feel free to change as
necessary.

I think it'd be more appropriate to split the chapter and separate
basics from implementation details and tuneables, but for time being
this ought to suffice. Is somebody "in charge" of the documentation and
overall structure or is it a community effort as everything else?

Best regards,
Michael Renner

Attachment Content-Type Size
wal-checkpoint-doc.diff text/plain 2.5 KB