Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit

From: Dilip kumar <dilip(dot)kumar(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit
Date: 2013-12-13 04:51:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04 December 2013, Sawada Masahiko Wrote

> I attached the patch which have modified based on Robert suggestion,
> and fixed typo.

I have reviewed the modified patch and I have some comments..

1. Patch need to be rebased (failed applying on head)

2. crc field should be at end in ControlFileData struct, because for crc calculation, it directly take the offset of crc field in ControlFileData.

/* CRC of all above ... MUST BE LAST! */
pg_crc32 crc;
+
+ /* Enable logging WAL when updating hint bits */
+ bool wal_log_hintbits;
} ControlFileData;

3. wal_log_hintbits field should be printed in PrintControlValues function.

Regards,
Dilip