Re: pg_restore --clean vs. large object

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore --clean vs. large object
Date: 2009-07-18 06:32:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Itagaki
Takahiro<itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> The attached is a patch to execute lo_unlink() before lo_create()
> in pg_restore.

the patch applies almost cleanly (there are only minor and superfluos
hunks), compiles...
it works as expected...

this patch makes me wonder why we dump or restore an object in
pg_largeobject that has been deleted from the user table that had the
oid... but that is another thing...

i think this one could be applied, just as is... there is no need for
docs, because the issue being fixed is not documented... maybe that
should be in doc of older releases?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova