Re: Writable Foreign Tables

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Writable Foreign Tables
Date: 2013-01-18 03:10:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com> writes:
> The writable foreign tables patch is flagged ready for committer. While
> its last activity was in late 2012, I haven't noticed much else changing
> in the area that'd be likely to break it, and FDWs are a somewhat
> immature feature anyway. It's been revised based on initial reviews.

> Is anyone willing to commit this or do you want further testing?

I think that one is probably my responsibility, along with the
postgresql FDW which is in the same general turf. My plan is to try to
commit whatever seems immediately commitable over the next few days, and
then sit down and take a hard look at those patches to see if they're
really ready to go in or not.