Re: Too many files in pg_replslot folder

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Dmitriy Sarafannikov <d(dot)sarafannikov(at)bk(dot)ru>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Too many files in pg_replslot folder
Date: 2017-06-19 02:30:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

On 2016-04-19 12:43:24 +0300, Dmitriy Sarafannikov wrote:
> This bug is still reproducible, in particular on recent release 9.4.7. Can
> you look at it? I'm worried about it because this is a hindrance before use
> this helpful feature on production for me.

Sorry for loosing track of this. I think I was just moving between
continents, and I have dropped the ball somewhere along that. I've now
pushed a fix - I didn't want to unconditionally do the removal as you
did, that'd have some performance impact for small transactions, quite
common in OLTP workloads.

- Andres