Re: proposal: ignore null fields in not relation type composite type based constructors

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: proposal: ignore null fields in not relation type composite type based constructors
Date: 2014-09-08 03:48:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel, All,

* Pavel Stehule (pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> Thank you

I made a few minor adjustments, but the bigger issue (in my view) is
what to do about array_to_json_pretty- seems like we should do the same
there, no? Perhaps you could propose a new patch which incorporates my
minor changes and also removes array_to_json_pretty and makes
array_to_json take an optional argument?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
row_to_json_ignorenull-4.patch text/x-diff 9.6 KB