Re: Selectivity estimation for inet operators

From: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>
To: Dilip kumar <dilip(dot)kumar(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Selectivity estimation for inet operators
Date: 2014-08-26 09:44:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I agree with you that we can support other join type and anti join later,
> If others don’t have any objection in doing other parts later I will mark as "Ready For Committer".

I updated the patch to cover semi and anti joins with eqjoinsel_semi().
I think it is better than returning a constant. The new version
attached with the new version of the test script. Can you please
look at it again and mark it as "ready for committer" if it seems okay
to you?

Attachment Content-Type Size
inet-selfuncs-v8.patch text/plain 27.4 KB
inet-selfuncs-test.sql text/plain 5.7 KB