Re: GSOC13 proposal - extend RETURNING syntax

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Karol Trzcionka <karlikt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GSOC13 proposal - extend RETURNING syntax
Date: 2014-04-04 16:14:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Some comments about the patch:
* Coding Style:
* multiline comments have both /* and */ on their own lines.
* I think several places indent by two tabs.
* Spaces around operators
* ...
* Many of the new comments would enjoy a bit TLC by a native speaker.

* The way RTE_ALIAS creeps in many place where it doesn't seem to belong
seems to indicate that the design isn't yet ready. I share Robert's
suspicion that this would be better solved by referring to a special
range table entry.

Based on the lack of activity around this and the fact that this needs a
*significant* chunk of work before being committable, I am going to mark
this as returned with feedback.

Greetings,

Andres Freund