Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"
Date: 2013-05-28 12:55:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Once all our contribs can build with USE_PGXS I
> fix the VPATH.

Attached patch set VPATH for out-of-tree extension builds

If the makefile is not in the current directory (where we launch 'make')
then assume we are building out-of-src tree and set the VPATH to the
directory of the *first* makefile...

Thus it fixes:
mkdir /tmp/a && cd /tmp/a
make -f extension_src/Makefile USE_PGXS=1

Note that the patch fix things. Still I am not really happy with the rule to
get the srcdir.

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/

fix_ext_vpath.patch text/x-patch 789 bytes