Re: sql_drop Event Triggerg

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sql_drop Event Triggerg
Date: 2013-03-28 16:13:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pushed, with some further minor changes. One not-so-minor change I
introduced was that pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects() now only works
within a sql_drop event function. The reason I decided to do this was
that if we don't have that protection, then it is possible to have a
ddl_command_end trigger calling pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects(); and
if there is an sql_drop trigger, then it'd return the list of dropped
objects, but if there's no sql_drop trigger, it'd raise an error. That
seemed surprising enough action-at-a-distance that some protection is
warranted.

Thanks for all the review.