Re: [BUG] False indication in pg_stat_replication.sync_state

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUG] False indication in pg_stat_replication.sync_state
Date: 2012-10-19 08:46:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ouch! I'm sorry to have sent truly buggy version, please abandon
v2 patch sent just before.

Added include "access/transam.h" to syncrep.c and corrected the
name of XLByteEQ.

> Thank you for comment.
>
> > > I think this patch should be applied for 9.2.2 and 9.1.7.
> >
> > Looks good to me, though I don't think the source code comment needs
> > to be updated in the way the patch does.
>
> Ok, the patch for walsender.c becomes 1 liner, quite simple.
>
> However, I've forgotten to treat other three portions in
> walsender.c and syncrep.c also does XLogRecPtrIsInvalid(<XLogPtr
> which comes from WAL receiver>). This new patch includes the
> changes for them.
>
> By the way, XLogRecPtrIsInvliad() seems to be used also in
> gist.c, gistget.c, gistvacuum.c, visibilitymap.c, clog.c, slru.c,
> xlog.c.
>
> In these files, LSN's fed to XLogRecPtrIsInvalid() looks to be
> *valid* start point of WAL records, but I'm not sure of that.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
20121019_sync_state_patch_v3.patch text/x-patch 1.8 KB