Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC
Date: 2012-10-09 04:00:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

One more thing -- I tried a build with NLS support and encountered this:

src\backend\utils\adt\pg_locale.c(746): error C2039: 'lc_handle' : is not a member of 'threadlocaleinfostruct' [c:\cygwin\home\nm\src\pg\postgresql\postgres.vcxproj]

That's in the function IsoLocaleName(), which digs around inside a locale_t.
I suppose the (undocumented) content of that structure changed in this newer
CRT (MSVCR110D).

I apologize for the slow drip of problem reports; I just happen to be trying
additional configurations with your patch as a foundation.