Re: Libxml2 load error on Windows

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: Talha Bin Rizwan <talha(dot)rizwan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Libxml2 load error on Windows
Date: 2012-10-08 11:59:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 02:08:29PM +0500, Talha Bin Rizwan wrote:
> PostgreSQL 9.2 Windows build is having trouble with the XML support:
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/9-2-beta1-libxml2-can-t-be-loaded-on-Windows-td5710672.html

> Therefore, I used first approach to get libxml2 version number and include
> the "#define HAVE_XMLSTRUCTUREDERRORCONTEXT" in pg_config.h if libxml2 version
> is greater than 20703 (which effectively is 2.7.3). Please find attached
> patch "libxml2_win_v1.patch".

Tom fixed this differently; effectively, we now use a check like you describe
on all platforms, not just Windows:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=470d0b9789981bc91a8ef2654911d80ab6a6be57

Since that commit makes your patch obsolete, I'm marking it Rejected. Even
so, thank you for calling attention to the problem and submitting this fix.

nm