ALTER TYPE 4: temporal data types

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ALTER TYPE 4: temporal data types
Date: 2011-01-09 22:05:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Add exemptor functions to avoid rewrites for conversions involving the temporal
data types. I needed a find-last-set function for the interval_scale exemptor
function, so I imported one from FreeBSD. To improve timestamp<->timestamptz
when the timezone "is" UTC/GMT, I compare the current timezone definition to the
gmt_timezone we keep handy. To make that actually work, I've changed pg_tzset
to zero its unused bytes.

Attachment Content-Type Size
at4-temporal.patch text/plain 24.9 KB