Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings
Date: 2009-09-26 00:05:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera escribió:

> I think it can be solved by splitting OptRoleElem in a set of
> productions for ALTER and a superset of that for ALTER. I'll go try
> that.

Right, that works. Updated patch attached; should solve the issues
raised in the thread. I renamed the catalog pg_db_role_setting as
suggested by Tom.

I have updated the pg_user and pg_roles definitions so that they include
the settings for the role, but only those that are not specific to any
database.

I have also added a view, whose only purpose is to convert the role and
database OIDs into names. It's been named pg_db_role_settings, but if
anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears.

settings-3.patch text/x-diff 56.0 KB