Re: UNNEST with multiple args, and TABLE with multiple funcs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: UNNEST with multiple args, and TABLE with multiple funcs
Date: 2013-11-18 03:36:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk> writes:
> Here is a new patch with the following changes on top of Heikki's
> version (all the changes in which I've otherwise kept):

Here is an updated version:

1. Rebased against HEAD.

2. New code is pgindent'ed (mainly because most of the rebasing pain was
because the previous ORDINALITY patch hadn't been pgindented before
committing) and is now git diff --check clean.

3. Fixed build failure due to recent change of
make_pathkey_from_sortinfo's API. I don't think that what I did here is
actually right --- if we're keeping build_expression_pathkey, then
probably it needs to expose nullable_relids as a parameter. But this
will at least make the thing compilable pending review of that point.

This compiles clean and passes regression tests, but I've not done
any actual reviewing yet.

table-functions-20131117.patch text/x-diff 220.0 KB