Re: gistchoose vs. bloat

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gistchoose vs. bloat
Date: 2012-12-14 08:46:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 01:03 +0400, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
> wrote:
> I notice there's no documentation about the new reloption at
> all?
>

> Thanks for notice! I've added small description to docs in the
> attached patch.

Here is an edited version of the documentation note. Please review to
see if you like my version.

Also, I fixed a compiler warning.

My tests showed a significant reduction in the size of a gist index with
many of the same penalty values. The run times showed mixed results,
however, and I didn't dig in much further because you've already done
significant testing.

Marking this one ready again.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size
gist_choose_bloat-0.5A.patch.gz application/x-gzip 3.1 KB