Re: Doc patch, distinguish sections with an empty row in error code table

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Doc patch, distinguish sections with an empty row in error code table
Date: 2012-12-10 19:48:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/08/2012 11:55:19 AM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> On 11/08/2012 11:10:39 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> > Ah, well, as to that, I think you'd have to take that suggestion to
> > pgsql-www. The style sheets used for the web site are - just to
> make
> > things exciting - stored in a completely different source code
> > repository to which I don't have access. Some kind of CSS
> > frobnication along the lines you suggest might be worth discussing,
> > but I don't really work on that stuff.
>
> Without being able to pass additional style from the source
> docs through to the html it seems a bit spooky to do this.

Since the existing style sheets aren't maintained upstream
and don't pass the necessary style through to the generated
style sheets, and since even if it did the style sheets
of the official docs on postgresql.org would not reflect
any changes made here, it seems like this patch should be
rejected.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein