Re: Range Types

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Range Types
Date: 2011-02-09 08:35:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Updated patch.

Changes:
* Addressed Erik's review comments.
* Fixed issue with "range @> elem" found by Erik.
* Merged with latest HEAD
* Changed representation to be more efficient and more robust
(could use some testing though, because I just did this tonight)

TODO:
* send/recv -- just noticed this tonight, no reason not to do it

Open Items:
* Maybe typmod
* grammar -- ask for btree opclass, or compare function?
* catalog -- store btree opclass, or compare function?
* should non-superusers be able to create range types?
* constructor issues I just posted about
* SQL length function --immutable/stable/volatile?

As always, my repo is here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/jdavis/postgres.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/rangetypes

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size
rangetypes-20110208.patch.gz application/x-gzip 38.6 KB