Re: WIP: RangeTypes

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: RangeTypes
Date: 2011-01-14 08:27:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Updated patch.

Summary of changes:

* More generic functions

* pg_dump support

* remove typmod support until it can be done correctly

* added some tests

There is still quite a bit left, including (numbers match up with
previous TODO list):

1. Generic functions -- still more work to do here. Handling the
combination of continuous range semantics with NULLs requires quite a
lot of special cases, because it's hard to share code among functions.
Even something as simple as "equals" is not as trivial as it sounds.
Perhaps I'm missing some cleaner abstractions, or perhaps I'm
over-thinking the null semantics.

3. perhaps fix typmod

4. documentation

5. more tests

7. better parser

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size
rangetypes-20110114.patch.gz application/x-gzip 18.7 KB