Re: Incorrect behaviour when using a GiST index on points

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Incorrect behaviour when using a GiST index on points
Date: 2012-08-27 23:43:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I need someone to review this patch for 9.3. We have already missed
> fixing this for 9.2.

So put it in the next commitfest.

FWIW, I looked at this last week, and concluded I didn't have enough
confidence in it to push it into 9.2 at the last minute.

There's also the big-picture question of whether we should just get rid
of fuzzy comparisons in the geometric types instead of trying to hack
indexes to work around them. I'd really rather have us debate that
question and resolve it one way or the other before spending time on the
details of patches that take the second approach.