Re: pg_upgrade: make the locale comparison more tolerating

From: Pavel Raiskup <praiskup(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade: make the locale comparison more tolerating
Date: 2014-01-24 16:19:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Rushabh, really sorry I have to re-create the patch and thanks a
lot for looking at it!

Looking at the patch once again, I see that there were at least two
problems. Firstly, I used the equivalent_locale function also on the
encoding values. Even if that should not cause bugs (as it should result
in strncasecmp anyway), it was not pretty..

The second problem was assuming that the locale specifier "A" is not
longer then locale specifier B. Comparisons like 'en_US.utf8' with
'en_US_.utf8' would result in success. Bug resulting from this mistake is
not real probably but it is not nice anyway..

Rather cleaning the patch once more, attached,
Pavel

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-pg_upgrade-make-the-locale-comparison-more-toleratin.patch text/x-patch 4.4 KB