Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: "'Robert Haas'" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "'Boszormenyi Zoltan'" <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: "'Alvaro Herrera'" <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "'Magnus Hagander'" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "'Peter Eisentraut'" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "'PostgreSQL-development'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "'Josh Berkus'" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date: 2013-06-25 06:54:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:47 AM Amit kapila wrote:
> On Friday, June 21, 2013 11:48 PM Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
> wrote:
> >> Auto.conf - 1 Vote (Josh)
> >> System.auto.conf - 1 Vote (Josh)
> >> Postgresql.auto.conf - 2 Votes (Zoltan, Amit)
> >> Persistent.auto.conf - 0 Vote
> >> generated_by_server.conf - 1 Vote (Peter E)
> >> System.conf - 1 Vote (Magnus)
> >> alter_system.conf - 1 Vote (Alvaro)
> >
> >> I had consolidated the list, so that it would be helpful for
> committer to
> >> decide among proposed names for this file.
>
> > I'll also vote for postgresql.auto.conf.
>
> Thanks to all of you for suggesting meaningful names. I will change
> the name of file to postgresql.auto.conf.
> Kindly let me know if there is any objection to it.

I have changed the file name to postgresql.auto.conf and I have changed the
name of SetPersistentLock to AutoFileLock.

Zoltan,

Could you please once check the attached Patch if you have time, as now all
the things are resolved except for small doubt in syntax extensibility
which can be changed based on final decision.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
alter_system_v3.patch application/octet-stream 68.3 KB